We will see in this article how to connect your Instagram Account to our platform:
In order to participate to Instagram Influencer campaigns, you need to link your Account to our platform.
To do so, you need to check that you meet 2 requirements:
- Your Instagram account is a Business Account
- It is connected to a Facebook page
Here's a 2-minute tutorial to connect your Instagram account to Skeepers 🙌
Check if your Account is already a Business Account:
- Go to your Instagram app in "Settings"
- Once in your settings, go to the "Accounts" Page
- At the bottom of the page, click on "Change Account Type"
- If you have the "Switch to a Business Account" option, then your Account is not a Business Account yet
Switch to a Business Account:
If you don't have a Business Account, just follow the previous steps and click on "Switch to a Business Account".
Follow the steps indicated by Instagram.
Have a connected Facebook page
The most important step is to properly link your Instagram Account to a Facebook Page.
This will assure Facebook that you have a Professional Account. This is a key step to be able to connect your Instagram Account to our platform!
Check if your Facebook page is already connected to the right account
- From your Facebook app, click on the menu in the bottom right corner.
- Then click on the name of the account you are currently on.
- To connect your page, you must absolutely click on your Facebook page and not on your personal profile.
- Once on the correct account, click on Settings in the top right corner.
- Then go to "Linked Accounts" and click on Instagram.
- Here, if your Facebook page is linked to your Instagram, you should see your Instagram account. Otherwise, follow the steps below.
Link your Instagram to a Facebook page
- From your Instagram app, click on "Edit Profile".
- Next to "Page", click on "Connect or create".
- Follow the steps.
- Create a page OR click on your page to connect it to your Instagram.
Connect your Instagram account to Skeepers
Procedure on Skeepers:
- First, log into our Platform and go to your Account.
- Click on Social Networks.
- Scroll down until you see the Instagram logo.
- Click on Add and then on Done: making sure you are aware of the two prerequisites.
Procedure on Facebook (Meta):
Once you have clicked on "Done", you will be redirected to a Facebook window in order to connect Skeepers to Facebook/Instagram:
Facebook will then ask you to select your Instagram Account and your linked Facebook page:
Finally, you will be able to check the permissions that will allow us to retrieve your posts, but also the statistics of these posts:
I still can't connect my Account
For each error, the appropriate message is displayed along with a corresponding video.
There may be 3 reasons for this:
1. Edit the settings:
You need to add your Instagram Account to our platform again.
The action will reopen the Facebook Window - "You already have linked your Account to Facebook":
Click on "Edit Settings" and check that you have selected the correct Instagram Page and Facebook Page.
2. Edit permissions:
On the Facebook process to connect your Instagram and Facebook page to Skeepers, please check permissions.
It is essential to check all the permissions. Otherwise, the connection cannot be processed.
3. Your account is not a "Business Account":
Facebook might not recognize your account as a "Business Account".
Which means that something went wrong in the process of switching your account to Business.
In this case, please contact Facebook Technical Team.